Verona

Verona

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lake Como

I have traveled to many beautiful spots during my lifetime but I have never seen anything as beautiful as Lake Como and the lake region outside of Milan. This is the closest one can get to heaven. I can see why George Clooney chose to live here. If I had his money, I would buy a villa on Lake Como too.

Jerry and I spent one perfect day on Lake Como. We spent most of the day in Bellagio walking, eating and marveling at the scenic beauty. Here you can see the alps framing this lake whose shores are dotted with gorgeous palazzi and villages. Princess Carlotta's palazzo is open to the public and is worth a visit. The grounds surrounding this property represent plant life from various regions around the world. Yes, it is good to be king or a mere princess.


There are three major lakes in this area and I highly recommend spending a week here exploring the area. One day is not enough. I plan on returning and asking George for a boat ride around the lake. Come on, he has lots of room - one more guest can't hurt.

No comments: